Design & Installation
St Lucia, QLD
- installation and commissioning of tool air system;
- modification of medical gas system including Oxygen, Nitrous Oxide and Medical Air;
- design and installation of dental dust extraction system;
- installation and certification of EEx rated duct extraction system;
- new chilled water cooled air handling units (AHUs);
- new laboratory extraction hoods; and
- new HEPA filtration systems.
The team at Gripfast Consulting worked with CBM on the redevelopment of levels 4 & 5 of University of Queensland’s Oral Health Centre. The work involved the replacement of the majority of mechanical services as well as the installation of an ATEX-rated Dust Extraction System, the first in Australia. The work required very close cooperation between the equipment supplier, the consulting mechanical engineer, the contractor and CBM (as well as the project team). While it was not always ‘clear sailing’ the team at CBM worked tirelessly and showed great professionalism in installing elements of this complex and unique system, as well as working with the client to resolve the inevitable teething problems associated with installing a system which is the first of its kind in Australia. A job well done.